“Absorbing, amusing, and, at times, even moving … Silverman is the spiritual progeny of Lenny Bruce and Adam Sandler, a potty-mouthed provocateur whose comic persona is predicated on tracing the manifold absurdities of ethnic, religious, and gender identity in gleefully infantile ways.” – The New Yorker
“The Bedwetter is typically off the wall, sharp and often very funny, as Silverman tackles her dysfunctional and daft childhood with an acerbic eye and a sense of the absurd.” – Big Issue Scotland
“A cohesive narrative of how a rebellious comic perspective evolved and became inseparable from the person who employs it, and how anyone who could find offense in that is really the butt of the joke.” – New York Times
“Silverman is holding a painfully honest comic mirror to our world and pointing out that what it reflects can be pretty ugly. Bedwetting, as she found out, is the least of our problems.” – Guardian
Warning from publisher to reader:
At HarperCollins, we are committed to customer satisfaction. Before proceeding with your purchase, please take the following questionnaire to determine your likelihood of enjoying this book:
- Which of the following do you appreciate?
- Women with somewhat horse-ish facial features.
- Women who, while not super Jew-y, are more identifiably Jewish than, say, Natalie Portman.
- Frequent discussion of unwanted body hair.
- Are you offended by the following behavior?
- Instructing one’s grandmother to place baked goods in her rectal cavity.
- Stripping naked in public—eleven times in a row.
- Stabbing one’s boss in the head with a writing implement.
- The best way to treat an emotionally fragile young girl is:
- Murder the main course of her Thanksgiving dinner before her very eyes.
- Tell her that her older sister is prettier than she, and then immediately die.
- Prevent her suicide by recommending she stay away from open windows.
If you read the above questions without getting nauseous or forming a hate Web site, you are ready to buy this book! Please proceed to the cashier.
From the outrageously filthy and oddly innocent comedienne Sarah Silverman comes a memoir—her first book—that is at once shockingly personal, surprisingly poignant, and still pee-in-your-pants funny. If you like Sarah’s television show The Sarah Silverman Program, or memoirs such as Chelsea Handler’s Are You There Vodka? It’s Me Chelsea and Artie Lange’s Too Fat to Fish, you’ll love The Bedwetter.
About this Enhanced Edition
Available in the USA, UK and Canada, the highly anticipated memoir by Sarah Silverman has now been tailor-made for the iPhone. It includes the full ebook, the unabridged audiobook read by the author and synchronised to the text, as well as exclusive video conversations between Silverman and her father.
The application has been developed in partnership with HarperCollins USA.
|Exclusive author content|
|Full audiobook edition included|
|Dedicated in-app newsfeed|